Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hello?

Wow! It's been over a month since I've updated! You might think I've given up the trail, but I have not! Not that there haven't been moments when I've wanted to because there surely have. And to be completely honest, nearly every single time I head out for a stroll (the strolls are getting faster, by the way!) I have to make myself do it. What is it about that? I actually do enjoy it for the most part once I'm out there. Stubborn. Old habits die hard. bleh.

February dealt some cards that had to be played. I got sick. No walking for about 5 days. Then just as I was recovering, I had to go to Cheney. Brittany had been really sick and I just couldn't resist. I had to go take care of her. Which was a blessing on so many levels. Having an adult daughter (or two!) tends to leave this mother feeling a little un-needed. Unnecessary. So, while I HATED seeing her so sick, we were forced back into a familiar mother/daughter setting. Love that. Twas a little boring though. She slept. I sat in a hotel room. And watched Animal Planet :) However, since I myself was recovering from the flu, the hotel treadmill was a great way to segue back into the walking routine. Amazing, how if you are willing to see, God really does use everything for our good. By the time I got back home, I was able to pick up the trail again. Albeit a week behind in the training schedule, but back nevertheless! That hotel treadmill really was a blessing because before I went to Cheney, I had attempted a walk one morning and it was just too hard on my chest with the cold air going in. Blessings, indeed.

Today is supposed to be a 3-mile walk according to my "revised" schedule, but since that means I'm actually a week behind, I think I'm going to step it up, skip that and do 5 miles. The sky is showing a bit of blue, so I'm hopeful that means the weather is going to cooperate! Thank you God! Kris and I plan on a long walk on Friday, so maybe we can make it 8, I can skip Saturday, 3 on Sunday and then back on schedule. Which, gulp, means 9-1/2 miles the following Saturday. Yikes! That sounds hard! Ok. Living Water. Keep the goal in mind. Which, remember, is providing a well for people who are dying because of no clean water! That goal just happens to include completing a 1/2 marathon on May 10th. We can do this thing!

Well, most of this probably falls into the boring, too much info category. I'll try and stay more current from here on out. Be blessed and if you're walking, walk on! I have been incredibly blessed by the support I have received from you all....thank you.

Onward, Christian soldier! It's a new month, therefore, a new day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go mama!!! i sure am proud of u but when u arrived home from the 5 mile walk u were stinky lol luv ya
<3 cassidy

Anonymous said...

Mommy I am so proud of you for sticking to this thing! Love yuo! Talk to you in like 2 minutes1

KB said...

bring on the stinky! :) Your cassidy makes me laugh out loud. proud of you sass. ready for 8 miles on friday. booya!

Anonymous said...

congrats on your (and your friends) commitment Connie - keep up the great work. Love ya, your cuz, Debbie

Anonymous said...

well this is the most interesting blog yet! considering half of it was about me! thats really what was important right?
but i really am impressed with your persistence! i have to admit, at first i thought this mission was gonna be a failure, but you have def impressed me!
its good for your mind, body, and soul!!
love you mama!!
weeeeeeee
:]

Anonymous said...

You do have a lot to be proud of! Things were crazy and still you pushed through. I know you're going to see this through to the end, and if you need a walking partner - you know where to find me. Do you have a subtotal of what you've raised so far? If not, may I be the first to donate $30.00?
Love,
Your Sister in Christ and Cookie Lee Sister,
Jenny :)