Friday, March 7, 2008

To quote a friend, BOOYA!

We did it! Eight miles down. I am not even feeling bad. My calves are a tad tender and the bottom of my feet hurt a little, but I think that's just from a need of some padded socks. No problem.

It wasn't hard and spending time with a good friend just makes the time fly by! Really. Would have been nice had there been a sanican along the way. Nuf said. No laughing.

The reason for this endeavor as you might remember is to help provide living water for those who have none. The organization we are doing this donation through is Life Outreach. Have you ever had a thank you phone call before? I don't mean from a friend or family member. I made a donation to them recently and they actually called to say thank you. That is in additon to the thank you acknowledgement that came in the mail. Amazing to me. They even asked if "while they had me on the phone if I had any prayer requests". In this day of phone solicitation, that was quite nice indeed.

Kris and I are going to try and get an official fund raising web page up and running. It's actually possible to do through Life Outreach where they have one of those donation meters...you know, like a thermometer to track how much we've raised. As much as I love these people, the page isn't incredibly user friendly...or maybe we're not the sharpest crayons in the box. I don't know. The point is that its possible we won't be successful with that. If you'd like to help us in our cause, you can make a check out to Life Outreach and then get it to me. I'm going to hang on to them all for one big mailing to those fine folks right after the half-marathon.

Goal? $4800 equals one well. Living water? Priceless.

Thank you for your support. May you be blessed. Remember Jesus said in Matthew 10:42 "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward".

Onward fellow disciples.

1 comment:

KB said...

It's them. Not us. We're not only sharp crayons...we are bright pink ones. :) hee-hee. booya, my friend. booya, indeed. :)