Monday, January 14, 2008

We're off and running!

Well, last week was officially "week 1" and I thought I was going to accomplish 100% following the training schedule.....and then my youngest daughter got sick. Hmm. I wonder if the training schedule allows for bumps in the road like that?


I've been a bit entertained in thought. The purpose of my doing this half-marathon is to raise money for water. And nearly every time I walk, it's raining. Or as soon as I finish it starts raining. A little irony? Godincidence? I guess if nothing else it keeps me focused on the "prize" so to speak.


I also have set for myself a new potential goal. And that would be to run a full marathon by the time I'm 50. Very weird to see THAT number in print! I've shared it a few times with people in the last several days, but I've never typed it. I gotta say it looks a little different than it sounds. 50. Yikes.


I am enjoying this little journey. I've had some nice walks and some nice conversations with some nice people. I am really blessed to have the people in my life that I have. Even people who aren't walking with me in the half-marathon but that are willing to just walk with me to help keep me going. Richard. Jenny. Thank you! Your support means a lot.


I learned something too. I thought I needed/wanted a pedometer. I'm not sure why, but I did. Don't really need to count my steps. It's more minutes and miles. But I asked for one for Christmas and got one. It didn't work. So I took it back and got another type. This one didn't stay working so I took it back and got a stop watch! And then I promptly forgot it today when I went on my walk! This clearly takes change in mind set. I only in the last couple of years started remembering to bring my cell phone everywhere! Next? IPOD!!


Bring it on!

No comments: