Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What was I thinking? Let's do this thing!!

So, I guess the Christmas season wasn't the best time to think I could actually get going on this! It has been three weeks since I have done anything (well except eat lots of junk). I admit defeat and am now ready to get REstarted! Technically I'm still ahead of schedule to be on track but by less than one week. Phew. At least I didn't miss it!

Christmas is truly the best season of all. Well, Easter is what really covers us, but it's tough to even imagine that God, in all His mercy, decided to come to earth, wrapped as a human simply for the reason of saving us. Too hard to get my head around, really.

On a much less significant note, because of Christmas, I am a little more prepared to go out and train for this half marathon. I have a new pedomenter, am on my way to owning an Ipod and even have my first donation to the cause!

I'm heading out this first day of 2008 at 3:00 to get back on track. If you're thinking of joining us, you will want to get started. I'm told that even though it's only (only?) a 13.1 mile walk, it will require mucho stamina. Since I've never followed through on an exercise program in my life, it's time to get started.

Will you be joining us?

No comments: